Useful sites to support home learning
White Rose Maths: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
Reading Plus which is a reading comprehension website personalised to each child. https://student.readingplus.com/seereader/api/sec/login
- Access to SpellingShed or MathsShed on the EdShed app or https://www.edshed.com/en-gb
- TT Rocktars using the app or online. https://ttrockstars.com/
- MyMaths https://www.mymaths.co.uk/
- Purple Mash is an excellent website for computing activities and it lots of useful resources for a variety of different subjects. https://www.purplemash.com/sch/horwichparish
- Imoves - PE exercises will be set through Imoves - https://imoves.com/the-imovement
All subjects - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
All subjects - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
Languages, including French- https://www.duolingo.com/learn
The ECM have compiled a range of free resources for all subject areas for all age groups which can be accessed here:
See the below message from Blue Peter about their new YouTube channel and what they are offering over lockdown.
Blue Peter is the longest running kids TV show in the world and we are uploading videos to it that are suitable for 5-11 year olds. We have world record breaking challenges, arts and crafts, environmental videos, cooking and baking how tos, inspirational films, gaming, celebrity appearances, dance routines and music performances. We also feature ways of getting a Blue Peter badge, behind the scenes footage and extra content about our incredible presenters Adam, Lindsey, Mwaksy, Richie and Henry the Blue Peter dog.
Just go to: https://www.youtube.com/bluepeter - (it’s obviously completely free to subscribe!) and don’t forget to watch the live programme on CBBC at 5.00pm every week, or on BBC iPlayer.